- What is the maximum capacity for Marvin's Pass?
We are able to comfortably accommodate 200 people for seated events including Ceremony and Reception. Our venue is plenty spacious, however, parking does become an issue with more than 200.
- Do you have to make an appointment to view Marvin's Pass?
Yes. We schedule private appointments and periodically offer open house events.
- Do you require clients to use a specific list of vendors?
- Does your venue accommodate more than one event on the same day, and how long to we have the venue.
No. We schedule one event per day. Our top priority is to make sure that our couples receive our full attention on their special day. The venue is available to your wedding party and vendors TWO HOURS prior to the ceremony. All activities must conclude, and all personal belongings must leave the premises by midnight.
- What is your venue's policy on alcohol?
- See our page dedicated strictly to addressing our alcohol policy!
- Is the Deposit to Save the Date refundable?
- No. Once you have booked your special day, we have already booked your vendors as well as turned down other clients.
- Who owns the venue?
The Venue is a privately owned venue. We reserve the right to set and enforce and rules and regulations that we see fit.
- Where would you recommend guests from out of town stay?
The closest town with plenty of hotel accommodations is Plainfield, IN 46168. In addition, we can pass on a few different AirBNB locations that we know of close by!
- Is there a cab/driver service?
Yes! Simply contact "A Cab" in Greencastle. 765 720-4050
- Is your venue same sex, religious, and ethnic friendly?
Marvin's Pass is proud to support and welcome love in all forms. We believe in a love that does not discriminate against people on the basis of sexual orientation, ethnicity, religiion, or any other factor.
- Do we have to use your decor? Is there a charge for your decor?
Marvin's Pass is proud to offer plenty of free decor both in the barn and for your tables/tent area. However, with prior approval, any decor you do not wish to use can be removed with the exception of the hanging sign in the middle of the trees in the main front pasture.
- Is smoking allowed?
Smoking is permitted, but only in our designated smoking area. If your guests do not follow our smoking policy and cigarettes etc. are left on the premises, it could result in the loss of your damage/cleaning deposit of $250.
- Are dogs allowed for the ceremony?
We love dogs! Service dogs are allowed during the ceremony as long as there isn't any food out. Dogs must also be kept on a leash at all times while in the facility. Dogs are not allowed inside the barn. All pet waste must be picked up and disposed of immediately.
- Do I need a wedding planner?
A wedding planner is certainly welcome, but not needed. Our venue and DJ will work together to meet all of your requests, depending on the package that you choose. Since the only additional outside vendors required are catering and photography, we do most of the work for you! In addition, we are available for rehearsal assistance!
- What is seating like?
During the ceremony, your guests will have white folding chairs in the pasture.. During the reception, there are tables situated under/around the tent area. Both round and rectangular tables will hold 8-10 chairs. Seating is not an option inside the barn.
- Depending on the number of chairs that you purchase, in some cases, chairs will be moved by your guests from the pasture to the tent area. However, if the client wishes to purchase a 2nd set of chairs with their package, that is an option.
- What is the barn maximum capacity?
The maximum capacity in the barn is comfortably around 50, which is why we call our venue an "Outdoor" facility. The barn is simply a place to personalize your wedding with pictures and decorations. Often the cake is placed in the barn as well, as we offer a free cake table. As well as accommodate the bar service area, and indoor restrooms. In addition, we offer a popcorn bar free to all of our clients.
- What if it rains?
If it rains on your special day, Marvin's Pass will do everything we can to ensure your special day is still beautiful! We will make adjustments as we see fit, and plans might change a bit, but you will be married with beautiful pictures by the end of the day!
- Can we bring our own tent?
Unfortunately, due to the safety of your guests and liability, we can not allow our guests to provide their own tents. Marvin's Pass hires a reputable full service tent company to place a tent on our property.
- Is food preparation allowed on the premises?
No. All food must be prepared by the vendor prior to arriving at Marvin's Pass to be served. In addition, if your catering service does not stay and serve, you must provide your own assistance with food prep before serving. Marvins Pass will not ever assist with the serving of your food, as we are not licensed to do so. If you do not have a friend/family member to assist, it is suggested that you hire a catering service provider to do so.
The address to Marvins Pass is 148 Hendricks Street, Fillmore, IN