Due to the ever changing Covid Pandemic, if you aren't feeling well, have had contact with someone with Covid-19, or have had a fever - please do not enter the venue. By visiting you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to Covid-19. Please maintain social distancing and stay 6' apart at all times.
In the event of an emergency while at the venue, you can always call 911! If you would like to contact local police, you may contact the Putnam County Sheriff's dept at 765-653-5155.
The address to Marvins Pass is 148 Hendricks Street, Fillmore, IN
Notes regarding our alcohol policy!
1. Beer and Wine Only! Why? Regulation per permit, which is what allows our venue to stay so low in cost! No hard liquor is permitted.
2. Why can't you bring your own bartender? Marvins Pass is responsible for making sure the bartender is both licensed and insured, as well as a good fit for our venue. (Background check required) In addition, trained in detail on all regulations and requirements per permit requirements. We do not make swift last minute decisions. In most cases, we do have a backup bartender for crowd control, but the client must agree prior to the event to give permission to employ and agree to additional costs, in writing.
3. No outside alcohol can be brought in by guests! Why? Per permit, no outside alcohol is to be brought in by guests of the client, and no alcohol can be carried out of the venue. This means that no coolers are permitted. The only alcohol served, is alcohol provided by the bartender. Guests will be asked to leave if they are caught bringing alcohol onto the premises.
4. No re-admittance. When alcohol is present, the bartender is responsible for managing and distributing. He/she can be held liable for over serving. Therefore, once a guest returns to his/her vehicle and has the opportunity to consume alcohol which could be in consumed by them in their vehicle, they are not permitted to re-enter the venue.
5. ID required. Our bartender does require an ID. If you do not have an ID, you will not be served.
6. 1 drink per person. Per our agreement with our state excise officer, as well as protection for our bartender, it is our company policy that each person approaching the bar may only purchase 1 alcoholic beverage per physical person. In addition, this also helps control underage guests from being served.
7. Clear plastic cups are the only cups to be used for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. No glass or cans will be permitted . Why? This allows our staff to ensure there is no underage drinking.
8. No alcohol will leave on wedding night! If you choose to bring alcohol and provide to your guests free of charge, any extra alcohol will not be able to be carried off-site due to our permit regulations, as well as liability. However, we are never trying to keep your extra alcohol! We will gladly meet your party the following day, when all parties are free of intoxication, and return your leftover alcohol.
9. If any person is caught using any type of drugs, consuming liquor or any other type of alcohol brought on-site, they will be asked to leave immediately, as well as subject to local authorities. In addition, any person caught giving alcohol to an underage guest, or that has become over intoxicated will also be asked to leave immediately. The bartender reserves the right to stop serving a guest, if he/she feels said guest has had enough to drink. It is illegal in the state of Indiana to serve a person that is clearly intoxicated.
10. In some cases, when alcohol is present, Marvin's Pass may require security is present.
11. No exceptions!! We will not change our policies, as most are either state laws or regulations given to us by our local excise office. If it is not a state law or regulation, it is our company policy. We have worked with our state excise police, local Putnam County police dept, insurance company, attorney, and well as attended several seminars and spoken with several other wedding venue owners. All action are to protect the client, staff and our venue for their special day, as well as days after the event. It is our responsibility to make sure that every event does not get shut down by the excise police, as well as our responsibility to remain open for the next event. In addition, we have a responsibility to protect our bartender, staff, and clients. Our goal is to provide our client with the most awesome day ever, while at the same time protecting our client and staff, by having company policies in place and making sure all rules and regulations are followed per the alcohol permit for the day, so that after a clients special day at our venue, the clients are not finding themselves dealing with legal issues brought on by their guests who attended their event.
PHOTOGRAPHER: LISA C. PHOTOGRAPHER
OFFICIANT: DAVE MITCHELL
CATERER: DAVE MITCHELL